At LFM, family involvement is highly encouraged and plays a critical role in the lives of LFM students and community. Parents who support LFM, with whatever time and talent they can offer, provide a priceless enhancement to the school’s efforts to meet the needs of each child.
We support and encourage variety and flexibility from year to year if that’s what works for you. Our motivation is not from obligation but from enthusiasm and a desire to support the school and the development of our children. Find the area(s) and amount of involvement that is right for you, and jump in!
LFM Parent Committee Mission
The mission of the LFM Parent Committee is foster communication between parents and staff and to support the school through community building and fundraising.
All parents automatically become members of the LFM Parent Committee when your child joins the school.
Meetings are held September – June on the second Thursday of each month from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
The LFM Parent Committee is led by a team of executive officers: Chair, Vice Chair/Treasurer, Secretary and committees including: Early Primary Chair, Primary One Chair, Primary Two Chair, Primary Three Chair, and Elementary Chair, Fundraising, Events, Volunteer/Community Service, Teacher/Administration Recognition, Before/After Care.
Why Join the Parent Committee?
The number one reason to join the Parent Committee is to benefit your child. In doing so, you help the school. But there are many more advantages, including:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The Parent Committee offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. Parent Committee functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with the Parent Committee, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. The Parent Committee can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. The Parent Committee plays an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a Parent Committee member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Interested in getting involved? Contact the committee at email@example.com.